Don't hate me for saying this, but I'm totally into the latest "Gangnam Style" thing. I guess I have a weakness for people who are so cool, that they realize looking dumb, is actually cool. I know that probably doesn't make a lot of sense seeing as how Psy is sort of mainstream cool now... but here are a few examples of what I'm talking about:
* Please note that by these definitions, I am also not cool
* Please do not fall down the stairs
- If you get drunk in vegas and take pictures of yourself having fun, you are not cool
- If you get drunk in vegas and then fall down the stairs, you are cool
- If you stay up all night to see the midnight premiere of some mainstream-ish movie, then tweet about it, you are not cool
- If you stay up all night to see the midnight premiere of some mainstream-ish movie, and also dress up like one of the characters, especially if no one else does, then you are cool
You see what I'm getting at? People who act cool because they know its cool, are not cool... but people who aren't afraid to look stupid for the sake of being themselves and having their own fun, are totally cool. Granted, Psy was probably considered actually cool in Korea when his video first came out, but from my perspective it was a ridiculous comedy video set to fun music, so I was on board right away. Now that I've been a fan for awhile, I think maybe me thinking he is legit-ly cool, makes me not cool.
WTF was I even talking about? Oh yeah... dude's name is Psy, and his song Gangnam Style
just hit #1 on the billboard digital music charts. If you haven't seen this video yet, please watch it now. I even forced my family to watch when we were supposed to be watching breaking bad. Haha.